IES Leads the way with Performance Modeling for Whole Building Lifecycle
LEED V4, Title 24, M&V and Commissioning can all be achieved through the same VE model
16th October 2014
October 16, 2014 – At this year’s Greenbuild, IES will be showcasing how users of IES Virtual Environment (IESVE) can use their VE model across the entire building lifecycle, from demonstrating code compliance through operation and retrofit. IES is the only solution to provide this one model appropriate for all approach.
With stricter code compliance regulations such as Title 24 coming into place and voluntary rating systems like LEED V4 and ASHRAE Standard 189 introducing more stringent performance based pre-requisites, it is becoming clear that the industry needs to be ready to use a performance based simulation approach across the entire building lifecycle.
Code Compliance such as Title 24 and DOE Federal Incentives, based on ASHRAE 90.1 and ASHRAE 140 mean that demonstrating compliance in more and more states now require a model based performance approach rather than a prescriptive one. At the same time, LEED V4 is putting much more emphasis on performance across design, commissioning and verification and becomes the new standard June 2015.
IES will also launch its new Cloud service, ERGON, which allows users to import, manage and interrogate real building schedules and use them in VE simulations. Key features include:
- Use real metered data created in ERGON to simulate down to 1 minute time-steps in the VE
- Undertake New Monitoring Based Commissioning LEED V4 Credits
- Make use of the mandatory Metering required by LEED V4
- Deliver Next Generation M&V using enhanced energy model calibration and monitoring based commissioning
- Create libraries of benchmark data to help Close the Performance Gap
“It’s very encouraging for the sustainable building movement, to see performance modelling becoming a priority at every stage of the building lifecycle”, says Don McLean, IES Founder and CEO. “Our software development team works extremely hard to keep the VE up to date with all the latest code compliance methods as well as developing new innovative tools such as ERGON to allow practitioners to take an integrated approach throughout the whole building lifecycle.”
IES at Greenbuild:
- Greenbuild takes place from October 22 – October 24 in New Orleans.
- IES will be at stand #1509.
- IES will be presenting an interactive demonstration of its IES TaP for LEED tool as part of the ‘To infinity and beyond: A tour of LEED® Online and other project team support tools.’ The session will take place in the Interactive Lounge on Wednesday, October 22. Register here.
- A special ERGON launch offer is available to users of IESVE, which they can gain 20 free credits by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting GB14.
- IES are applying a 2 for 1 offer to all new IES TaP for LEED customers starting at Greenbuild.
Integrated Environmental Solutions’ (IES) mission is to advance the sustainability of the world’s built environment through the use of integrated performance modelling technology, delivering resource efficient, low-energy, zero-carbon buildings and cities for future generations. For additional information, please visit www.iesve.com. You can also follow us on twitter via @IESVE and join us on Facebook and LinkedIn for the latest IES news, or read our blog.
Press Officer for IES
+44 (0)141 945 8574