IES appoints business development manager to bring approved & affordable sustainable analysis solutions to South Africa
Jeanne Parker-Weekes is spearheading the launch of IES in South Africa
08th April 2015
Performance analytics company, IES, has recently appointed Jeanne Parker-Weekes as its new business development manager for South Africa. The IES Virtual Environment (IESVE) software suite is approved by Agrément South Africa as a certified thermal calculation software that is fit for proving compliance with the NBR, especially SANS 10400-XA. IES have appointed Jeanne to spearhead the launch of the software in South Africa. Jeanne will be providing local support and software demonstrations over the coming months.
The IESVE suite is an integrated software system for environmental performance assessment of buildings. Dynamic thermal simulation is carried out using ApacheSim calculation methods and software. The software provides tools specifically designed for both architects and engineers to design, evaluate and operate buildings that consume significantly less energy and incorporate low carbon and renewable technologies. Features of the software are explicitly required to enable modeling in terms of Agrément South Africa’s assessment protocol.
Key features of the software include:
- Unrivalled interoperability with other CAD design and analysis tools.
- Analysis modules all share one central integrated data model, saving time and facilitating an integrated design approach; adjust and hone the model without duplication.
- Easily visualise and communicate results at a highly detailed level.
- World leading dynamic thermal simulation program developed in house for optimal interoperability, referencing a single building model.
- Lighting analysis tools with enhanced graphic reporting features.
- Work on different modules simultaneously for tight deadlines.
- Numerous compliance navigators and bespoke tools.
- Tabular editing of data making populating the model easier.
- Technical support and distance learning modules comes as part of the package.
“I am excited to join a pioneering company at the leading edge of building performance analytics.” Says Jeanne. “The Virtual Environment has a great deal to offer the South African market in terms of capability and I’m really looking forward to showing people what it can do.”
Jeanne has 16 years’ experience in Architectural design. She has experience in the residential, industrial and commercial sectors. Having chosen to specialise in the field of Energy in Buildings and Sustainable Building Design, Jeanne obtained a Master of Science degree in 2012 that is approved by The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) and accredited by the Energy Institute (EI) in the UK.
“I am very pleased to welcome Jeanne into the IES team”, says Don McLean, Founder and CEO of IES. “She brings a great mix of technical and business development experience, along with passion and enthusiasm. She’s exactly what we need to take the IES Virtual Environment to the South African market.”
IES is offering a selection of special introductory packages in South Africa to all newcomers to the IESVE. View the IES Brochure for more details.