IES to Exhibit and Present at EMEX 2015
Join us at stand #C70
14th September 2015
This year at our stand we will be showcasing our cutting-edge cloud service ERGON and specialist consulting service CI Squared (Ci2).
Our in-house BIM expert Dr Sarah Graham will also be presenting in the Energy Management Solutions theatre on ‘The technical possibilities of BIM for Analysis in delivering Soft Landings’.
ERGON allows you to import, manage and interrogate real building profile or schedule data (down to 1 minute time steps) for use within your VE simulations. You can utilise measured data from the actual building you’re investigating to create profiles that enhance model calibration. Or use normalised benchmark data from other buildings of its type. Such profiles can be used to improve operational models or help close the performance gap by bringing design models closer to reality.
CI2 stands for Collect, Investigate, Compare and Invest. This is the process IES uses to deliver operational efficiencies in buildings through its powerful and innovative technology. IES has so far enabled numerous organisations to identify areas of operational improvement and make substantial cost savings. It is applicable whether you are dealing with enhancing building operation or undertaking large scale retrofitting. We use building and meter data to find ‘hidden’ cost and resource savings through smarter system control and smarter ways to gather and analyse data
Specific stages of the service include:
- Connecting and collecting operational data, identifying and fixing gaps and creating a robust structure from which to work
- Creating database with universal format to remove inconsistencies across time steps, units, naming conventions etc.
- Investigating data with advanced analytics to discover quick wins with minimal spend
- 3D model built from information from other pre-existing 2D info / 3D models
- Comparison of operational model of building (using real building data) with virtual model benchmark of building (using building science predictions)
- Ability to assess against future climate predictions
Join our presentation by Dr Sarah Graham on ‘The technical possibilities of BIM for Analysis in delivering Soft Landings’
In this session Sarah will take a detailed look at some real-life case studies using real metered data against predicted to illustrate the technical possibilities of using ERGON alongside a BIM approach to deliver soft landings.
What you will learn
- How technology can be used to facilitate an integrated BIM process and deliver Soft Landings.
- The importance of being able to validate predicted performance against actual performance.
- How to close the performance gap and ensure your building design performs as predicted at the operational stage.
- How the UK Governments 2016 BIM Level 2 mandate affects you and what you need to be doing.
Date: Thursday 12 November
Time: 12:30 - 13:00
Where: Energy Management Solutions Theatre