Invitation to our World Green Building Week Faculty Event
Virtual Building Models: Driving Measurable Change for Sustainable Built Environments
29th August 2012
To celebrate this year's World Green Building Week (17-21 September) on "Green Building for Great Communities" we are hosting a free IES Faculty session on Tuesday 18th September in central London.
Join us and a selection of our partners for a series of educational sessions to see how our expanding partnership programme allows organisations to take advantage of our Virtual Building technology, coming together to form our Virtual Building vision.
We'll talk about the projects listed below and show you how they work within the project lifecycle. Plus, you'll pick up some valuable hints and tips along the way.
- SketchUp® & Revit® plug-ins
- Vectorworks - working together to create the first usable exchange of architectural model and data within an energy modelling and analysis solution via the Open BIM file exchange IFC
- IES TaP - online project management for BREEAM & Code
OPTIMISE - simulation-based optimisation tool for the minimisation of building carbon emissions
Confirmed Speaker: David Holmes, Associate, Davis Langdon an AECOM Company
IMPACT - Integrated Material Profile And Costing Tool
Confirmed Speaker: Daniel Doran, Senior Consultant, BRE
Daikin UK VRV Systems Plug-in
Confirmed Speaker: Richard Green, Engineering Specialist, Daikin UK Ltd
Monodraught Windcatcher Performance Component Library
Confirmed Speaker: Alex Brew, Technical Consultant, Monodraught Ltd
Event Details - Register Here
Date: Tuesday 18th September, 2012
Location: Phillips Room, 76 Portland Place, London
Time: 9.00am - 12.30pm
Cost: FREE with refreshments included
Who should attend? IESVE users, Architects, Engineers, and anyone in the building and architectural community interested in sustainable design.
See how our expanding partnership programme allows organisations to take advantage of our Virtual Building technology:
- Discover how our software partners address connectivity between the Virtual Building and CAD/BIM platforms
- Find out how product manufacturers can test & verify performance, create user tools and undertake due diligence - helping cut through greenwash and prove effectiveness of innovative systems virtually
- Learn how research partners work with us to expand technology horizons
- See how rating systems partners leverage our technology to facilitate compliance and investigate alternative routes
We'll show you how these areas come together to form our Virtual Building vision, and how you can start to incorporate this in your day-to-day.