New Version of VE-Navigator for ASHRAE 90.1 Now Available To Purchase
09th February 2011
Latest Version of IES VE-Navigator for ASHRAE 90.1 Now Available To Purchase
Significant new features added to this advanced LEED energy modeling software
The IES VE-Navigator for ASHRAE 90.1 (LEED Energy) has been significantly enhanced to extend its already powerful facilitated energy modeling, benchmarking and reporting capabilities.
Launched in advance of Greenbuild 2010, the VE-Navigator for ASHRAE 90.1 speeds up, streamlines and incorporates Quality Assurance into the complex process for benchmarking and reporting a projects’ energy using the Appendix G Performance Rating Method. Many Global Rating Systems and Regulations reference ASHRAE 90.1, including LEED Optimise Energy Performance EAc1.
The Navigator’s step-by-step workflow enables users to automatically create baseline models and HVAC systems straight from the proposed design model even at early stages, allowing them to actively maximize LEED Energy Credits across the whole design phase, as well as create reports for submission. This latest version adds a number of new features, including:
• New advanced Tariff Analysis, which allows complex utility tariffs such as varying Demand Side Management to be quickly set for easy comparison. Taking their impact into account when analysing power consumption or control settings is important to ensure cost efficient operation and accurate calculation of payback periods.
• New Simulation report on Unmet Load Hours, which quickly highlights to users how many hours a room falls outside of its heated or cooled set points. Users have the ability to establish controls that determine when the analysis is undertaken (e.g. ‘only when occupied’ or ‘only when conditioned’). A Shared Hours option is also included.
• Additional detailed simulation reports, including Building Plant Energy Utilization; System Design Day Results (including Design Day and Weather File Simulations); and System Relative Humidity Results.
• Ability to very quickly change pre-defined system schedules data across multiple HVAC systems, users can also select the rooms to which they want this information applied.
• Ability to set flow rates per occupant.
Visit www.iesve.com/Software/VE-Pro/ASHRAE90-1 for more information.