Project Manager – VE Consultancy
Glasgow (Scotland Central Belt)
Reference number #2023
We are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our VE Consultancy team, working with the country’s top IESVE modellers, in the company who created the software.
You will be working as an integral member of our expanding international VE Consulting team, responsible for meeting clients to establish project requirements and modelling complex projects. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging, high-profile projects and will be given the encouragement and support to develop your career as part of a unique team of building simulation consultants.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage consultancy projects - external communications and internal co-ordination of Consultants input on global basis across all IES worldwide divisions
- Take responsibility for Consultancy activities
- Liaise with other IES Divisions to plan and manage Consultancy support and resources (e.g. Software testing)
- Work as part of the IES consultancy team to operate the <VE> software on behalf of our clients. This may involve defining the job specification, quotation, doing or supervising the work, report writing, client liaison and organising invoicing.
- Mentor and coach junior consultants on specific technical and project management aspects
- Provide technical support to customers and staff.
- Provide input to Consultancy sales as required
- Consultancy liaison point with IES Business Development Managers
- From time to time other duties may need to be performed as necessary to assist Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager with experience in Building Physics using IES’s VE Software with appropriate and relevant engineering or architectural background, with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
- IES Virtual Environment experience, including energy modelling
- Clear and confident communication skills
- Experience of completing meetings with project stakeholders – provide coherent analysis to clients including findings and impacts
- Knowledge of UK building regulations Part L Section 6
- Knowledge of HVAC systems, controls and/or modelling of systems
- Knowledge of BREEAM, NABERS, LEED, ASHRAE 90.1 analysis, Passivhaus
- Experience on daylight modelling
- Analytical mindset and skills including the use of spreadsheets
- Interest in Decarbonisation and Net-Zero strategies
In return we offer the chance to work for a dynamic company in an exciting and supportive working environment; we will reward you with a competitive salary; private health care; enhanced family leave; a contributory pension scheme; life insurance, flexible start times and hybrid working options.
To apply for the role, please send a covering letter stating the skills you have from the requirements listed above and an up-to-date CV to email@example.com.
Early application is encouraged and IES reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received. Please ensure you include the job title and reference number in your application.
At IES we have been working in Climate Tech for the last 29 years and we consider the fight against Climate Change a moral imperative that drives all our decisions. We value People, Purpose and Innovation. We offer a flexible and supportive working environment and the opportunity to work with a team of friendly, interesting and diverse people from across the globe, who are passionate about what we do.
Our mission is to contribute to conserving the earth’s natural resources for future generations by reducing the carbon emissions of the built environment. IES is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology in the Climate Tech sector. Our Virtual Environment (VE) software is already the only tool that allows designers and engineers to simulate the full performance of a buildings. We are now expanding our portfolio with new solutions to tackle the built environment at any scale.
IES’ technology is supported by integrated consulting services and today its capabilities are expanding from use on individual buildings, to helping create sustainable communities, cities and countries.
Information on all candidates being considered for roles within the organisation will be handled in accordance with the provision of the General Data Protection Regulations (as amended from time to time). For more information, please see our Recruitment Privacy Statement.
How to apply
To apply for the role please send a covering letter stating the skills you have from the requirements listed and an up to date CV to:
Early application is encouraged and IES reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.