This month, we were delighted to welcome two new software testing apprentices, Ryan Steel and Laura McKay, to our team at IES. They are the first to join us via the new Graduate Level Apprenticeship scheme, introduced this year by Skills Development Scotland. This scheme provides an excellent opportunity to study towards your degree, whilst earning a full time salary and gaining valuable work experience.
Both Ryan and Laura are studying on a 4 year work-based degree programme towards a BSc (Hons) in Software Development for Business at Glasgow Caledonian University. Laura is on her second year of the course, after joining with an HND in Software Development and Ryan is starting out on his first year.
They’ll both begin their careers at IES by working in the QA team as software testers, with opportunities to progress within software testing or software development as they gain experience. Their roles will include providing creative input and shaping the Quality Assurance (QA) Test Process, running tests on new software features and providing regular feedback to the development team.
IES are regularly on the lookout for fresh talent. If you’d like to work for a global company with an innovative approach to sustainability, keep an eye on our vacancies at http://www.iesve.com/careers/current-opportunities. You can also follow us on twitter @IESCareers.
- Students scoop top prize in System Selection category of 2017 ASHRAE Student Competition using IESVE
- IES Supports Launch of CIBSE’s new Society of Digital Engineering
- It's National Recycling Week – Join IES and become a waste warrior today!
- The Award Winning IES TaP System Now Offers Even Greater Efficiencies for BREEAM Certification
- VOTE FOR US: IES R&D up for EU Innovation Award with NewTREND Tool