VE 2017 is our biggest release to date! With 25 major new features, as well as lots of smaller enhancements, we are very excited to be launching this new release. Some of the features include the latest cutting edge technology from our R&D division, whilst many of them are customer requests fed back to us via our email@example.com email. We are always striving to make our software the best we can for our customers so please feel free to drop us an email with any requests.
VE 2017 has been designed to improve productivity and to help you optimise your building design.
Here’s an overview of some of our headline features:
Hone is an optimisations tool to help you find the optimal building design whilst saving time and cost. An outcome of the R&D project UMBRELLA, Hone is a standalone tool that references a VE model with the advantages being that the VE can still be used whilst any optimisation is being performed. It is completely customisable even down to the graphics rendered, making it another ideal tool for expert users.
- Independent tool to optimise VE models without locking VE licences
- WORKSHEETS is the main feature, allowing non-expert users to use the tool readily
- Use Hone to converge on your final and optimal design quickly and accurately
- Optimisation Worksheets can be created and shared to create optimisation approaches for quality and repeatability for all users
APACHEHVAC SYSTEM LOADS & SIZING REPORT GENERATOR
This new feature provides streamlined generation and improved user control over a significantly expanded set of reports for buildings, system, zone, and room loads, sizing, and ventilation.
- Generate new and existing reports for any selected System Loads and Sizing results file
- Set relevant coils for Heating & Cooling peaks
- Include or exclude oversizing factors
- Reports include:
>> Project and climate (building, weather, etc.)
>> Plant loops & equipment (capacity, flows, etc.)
>> Space loads & ventilation (system summary)
>> System Loads (detailed loads breakdown, coil capacities airflows, engineering checks, etc.)
>> Zone Loads (same as for System)
>> Room Loads (same as for Zones)
>> VE2016 System Sizing report
>> ASHRAE 62.1 Ventilation (Appendix A method)
PARALLEL SIMULATION MANAGER
Parallel simulation manager (PSM) is intended to allow you to manage simulations within the Virtual Environment.
- Significantly speeds up simulations
- Separates the simulations from the VE interface meaning that you can continue to work on a model and set up a new simulation etc. whilst your current model is simulating
Python Scripting (PS) is the new API for the VE replacing the older API approach (APSFILE.DLL). This unique, innovative approach allows users to create their own customised scripts, some automation and reportage, which can be easily shared through your own navigator. The PS API consists of two main features, the Python Console or Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and the Python Navigator. The Console IDE allows users to create their own scripts and promote them to their own Navigator. The Python Navigator allows access to the resultant ‘program’.
- Create / share user content driven reportage / visualisation / analysis
- Reduce time spent on tasks through automation
- Define workflows & Navigators that are bespoke to your needs
- Tighten up Quality Assurance using your own workflows
- Scripts can be distributed for use in Navigator or IDE and can be pin protected or encrypted if desired
- Script store available in March 2017 for purchase and submission of scripts
Parametric tool, an outcome of the IES R&D project UMBRELLA, is a standalone tool that references a VE model with the advantages being that the VE can still be used whilst any parametric study is being performed. Parametric is completely customisable in every respect, making it a very powerful tool for the expert user.
- Model multiple scenarios and combinations of building design inputs
- Use Parametric to set-up and manage design variants, saving time and cost
- Independent tool to run parametric studies on VE models without locking VE licences
- ‘Templates feature’, allowing non-expert users to use to tool readily
- Templates can be created and shared for quality and repeatability for all users
- Only produces the results you ask for to reduce amount of storage required
To learn about all the new VE 2017 features visit www.iesve.com/VE2017
You can also view all of our new VE 2017 feature videos https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRHRHd8DzhSouhWRdBbGBddHr29qHhDYm
To upgrade to VE 2017 visit http://www.iesve.com/software/download