Today we received the great news that IES R&D has been nominated in the “Best Early Stage innovation” category of the European Commission’s Innovation Radar Award 2017. The competition identifies Europe’s top future innovators and their innovations, and is voted for by the public online. Our NewTREND web tool for energy efficient retrofitting has been nominated alongside 9 others in the category. Voting is open until 15 October 2017 so please vote now.
Developed as part of the NewTREND EU H2020 funded project, the Data Manager supports teams in finding the best energy retrofitting strategy for their particular building by guiding them in the data collection phase. In particular, the Data Manager enables on site data collection and information exchange with the rest of the NewTREND platform, which allows evaluation of different design options at both the building and district level, including district schemes and shared renewables, and will present information on available financing schemes and applicable business models.
The development of the NewTREND platform is still ongoing, but it will soon be tested in three real renovation projects in Hungary, Finland and Spain. On the three demo sites, the involvement of the stakeholders in the design process will be evaluated, with specific activities dedicated to inhabitants and users. This validation will ensure the NewTREND platform addresses the needs of the energy retrofit market, after which the team aims to bring it to market as a cloud service for renovation projects.
- Students scoop top prize in System Selection category of 2017 ASHRAE Student Competition using IESVE
- IES Supports Launch of CIBSE’s new Society of Digital Engineering
- IES welcome first two Graduate Level Apprentices to its team
- It's National Recycling Week – Join IES and become a waste warrior today!
- The Award Winning IES TaP System Now Offers Even Greater Efficiencies for BREEAM Certification