Bridging the Gap: Transitioning from Building Energy Modelling to In-Use Monitoring
In today's rapidly evolving building industry, energy and resource efficiency have never been more critical. Data-driven monitoring is the next frontier, offering real-time insights, carbon/cost reductions, and improved comfort.
Are you a seasoned building energy modeller looking to expand your skill-set and stay at the forefront of building performance analysis? This comprehensive training series, "Bridging the Gap", is designed to help you make the transition from a traditional building energy modelling background to the dynamic world of in-use monitoring. Ensuring that you are equipt with the knowledge and practical skills needed to excel in this emerging field.
This new & exclusive training course is made up of 4 sessions taking place on a weekly basis over a 4 week period, exploring different modules in the building energy monitoring field.
- Sessions will be a blend of live online lecture style presentations, with QA opportunities and hands-on coursework exercises to complete out-of-hours from the main course lecture sessions.
- Access to IES' iSCAN data studio will be provided complimentary for the duration of the course, along with sample files, allowing practitioners to explore and experiment in their own time.
- On completion of the course, attendees are eligible for 50% off of an iSCAN annual license.
- Spaces are limited, book quickly to guarantee your place.
Duration: 4 sessions
Time: 10am - 12:30pm GMT (including a 30 minute break)
Location: Online, MS Teams
Cost: £1,000 + VAT per person
Pre-requisite: An interest in Building Data, familiarity with MS Excel
- Course Intro/Overview
- In-Use vs Design based Workflows
- Timeseries Analysis
- Data Sources
- BMS Connections & Logging
- Data Visualisation
- Data Quality & Sense Checks
- Data Healing & Cleansing
- Naming & Tagging
- Smart Buildings
- Measurement & Verification (M&V)
- Fault Detection & Diagnostics (FDD)
- HVAC Modelling
- BMS Analytics