How Local Authorities can meet net-zero carbon targets by 2030
14th September 2021, 1pm BST
The year 2030 is less than 9 years away. For many local authorities throughout the UK who have declared a climate emergency it is the year they have pledged to achieve Net Zero Carbon by. This is a significant challenge.
IES and Perth & Kinross Council will host a joint webinar presenting how IES’ technology is giving local authorities control of their buildings carbon emissions from Design through to Operation.
We will also discuss the imminent release of the Zero Carbon Public Buildings Modelling Guide, a significant process for any designer working on a new Public Building in Scotland. Perth & Kinross Council will highlight their journey in addressing the net-zero carbon targets of their estate, the lessons learnt and plans for the future.
Register for the webinar
Perth & Kinross Council:
- Use IESVE at the Design stage to ensure outcome is achieved, regardless of design methodology, for example Passive House
- Using IESVE for understanding control strategy for the BMS engineers
- Using iSCAN to understand and improve operational performance
- Examine the soon to be published Net Zero Caron Public Buildings Modelling Guide from the Scottish Future Trust and what this means for new Public Buildings in Scotland moving forward.
- Case Study: East Ayrshire Council Secondary School – providing complementary services to PHPP