Taiwan’s Green Trade Project Office cooperated with GreenJump Sustainable Design Consulting Company and used the IES Virtual Environment (IESVE) to ensure the best energy saving strategies and green products were employed for the Taiwan Green Product Demo House. The house is a reusable exhibition show booth made entirely of state-of-the-art materials that have been certified by both domestic and international green standards.
Utilising the advanced building energy modelling software IESVE, the Demo House team analysed a number of different inputs, including climate data, building design, and HVAC design, among others, to calculate energy consumption and anticipated energy bills. The software then proposed energysaving strategies based on the return-oninvestment (ROI) of the application of several energy-saving products.
Using the software the team were able to identify energy saving strategies and validate the following energy-saving products:
– Covering a building’s roof and replacing a building’s external walls with NexPower’s thin-film PV modules enabled energy savings of up to 23%.
– Installing Dresden Glass’s energy-saving glass showed reductions in cooling load could be achieved resulting in 12% energy savings.
– Installing LaRose LED dimmer bulb series showed that energy savings of up to 16% can be achieved.
– With SunValue’s solar-power brick, better thermal insulation and solar energy from various angles can be easily absorbed by the brick’s light-guiding material, yielding energy savings of up to 12%.
– By equipping Paradigm’s reactance filter to the power source of a home, store, factory, or even a high-voltage facility with up to 20,000KVA, harmonic distortion can be filtered out, electromagnetic interference can be removed, and circuits can be stabilized, producing energy savings of at least 12%.
The IESVE calculated that on a virtual 3,170-square-meter, two-story building in Shanghai, Beijing, Kunming, or Guangzhou, with average annual weather conditions, energy savings of up to 75% could be attained using these five products.